Monday, July 19, 2010

who wears short shorts?

it dawned on me the other day that while I have been more diligent in my postings (*insert applause here), my posts have lacked my ever witty commentary on the clothes. here's my best effort to change that!

since my days as a boisterous toddler, one thing was certain, I love denim shorts. the clean, classic look combined with the down home goodness makes my heart swoon. when I found these pics of rachel bilson and leighton meester rocking the same look I knew I had to post!





lately, my look has been very similar. I LOVE tucking in a billowy shirt into a pair of shorts with a cute brown belt poking out, just enough.

my latest shorts acquisitions were from american eagle, who has a surprisingly awesome variety of shorts. I love the short distressed pair as a balance point for a more structured shirt or a more girly shirt (like floral!). the longer darker pair are perfect for outfits that would normally be paired with tights or for creating a long stream-lied physique.




click to check out American Eagle's full shorts collection.

fashion pics courtesy of people.com

No comments: